7 of my photos of Plastic People, the club that I wrote about here a few weeks back have been published as part of FACTmag‘s Oral History of Plastic People, written by Tom Lea and Nick Wilson (aka Beatnick). Some of the photos had never really been seen before, like the one above and the one of Skepta and Plastician . The feature tells the story of the club from the mouths of a handful of it’s resident DJ’s, staff and promoters including Erol Alkan (Trash), Seiji (Bugz In The Attic / Co-Op), Alexander Nut (Eglo), Jon Rust, Elijah Butterz and others. It’s pretty extensive and well worth a read. Also included are a couple of photos by Alex Nut, like this bizarre one of soulstress Fatima and a DJ with a cartoon snake wrapped around them. On an aside, congrats to FACTmag.com on their slick new redesign! It’s lovely to see my name in the contributors list, alongside some great people. :)
Recent Blog Posts
- An Oral History of Plastic People, FACTMAG
- More Music Photography Gold
- The best thing about TLC’s Crowdfunding page…
- This is how to picket…
- Why everyone is sad about Plastic People’s closure.
- 2014 part 3: My year in Photographs.
- 2014 part 2: Feelin’
- 2014 part 1: life, death and 10 years of… !!!!!!!!!
- What is most telling to me is that they didn't introduce any of their tech team. TIDAL does look just like Spotify @MARTYN3024 15 hours ago
- neither do I, but my imagination is very grateful for the press conference none the less @MARTYN3024 Waiting for the parodies 15 hours ago
- RT @MARTYN3024: @drumzofthesouth I received an email, read the whole thing, still had no idea what it was about 15 hours ago
- 5. It IS a graduation and Alicia Keys in the headgirl 6. Jack White's X-MEN name is Jack White Shoes 15 hours ago
- 3. Madonna, intimidated by Minaj's underwear, decided to show the table that she is still the queen of erotica 4. They're all actually X-MEN 15 hours ago
- 1. There was a fire in Nikki Minaj's hotel & she didn't have time to dress 2. A caped Beyonce saved Nikki Minaj from burning hotel #Tidal 15 hours ago