I spent the weekend photographing backstage at Pitchfork Festival, Paris, where amongst other things, I had the pleasure of catching Bon Iver warming up in their dressing room. I had my camera at that moment but didn’t take any photos, because it was something I wanted to enjoy directly. The mental image remains in my head – a smallish room, bathed in the habitual yellow tungsten hues, 8 or so guys, singing with smiles on their faces, and just, in the background, sitting down with a guitar, Justin Vernon, the lead singer (often equated with the title Bon Iver, despite the significant band that back him.).
Recent Blog Posts
- Thanks to @Hark1Karan for the shout out
- Love for Lesvos / Hope for Paris.
- 28th November – Live from Alexandra Nurseries…
- *MUSIC HISTORY FOR YOUR WALLS*- Limited Edition prints
- *Music History for your Walls*
- dmz 10
- Today is the 100th birthday anniversary Billie Holiday
- More Music History in photos… Acid House Ravers + More
- RT @BarackObama: "People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love..." 5 days ago
- RT @BarackObama: "No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion..." https://t.co/… 5 days ago
- RT @tinybuddha: Invest in yourself. Meditate. Read. Eat healthy food. Drink water. Move your body. Spend time in nature. Rest up. You are w… 1 week ago
- RT @SikhProf: "In a racist society it is not enough to be non-racist. We must be anti-racist." - Angela Davis https://t.co/v2PUqjbQ33 1 week ago
- RT @katestanworth: In August 1977 a seminal street battle was fought against the National Front in my neighbourhood, Lewisham @guardian htt… 1 week ago
- RT @shutter_hub: Need photobook advice? Craig Atkinson @caferoyalbooks shares his tips on producing, submitting &editing photobooks https:/… 1 week ago